May 10, 2016

Black Oveja, Madrid

Last month on Craftourism I told you about my first "yarn shop experience" in Amsterdam and today it's Madrid's first yarn shop turn. Yes, as you know, I've moved to Madrid, actually one week ago, so I'm still a bit out of place, sometimes I don't even know where I am or where I'm going to... but one thing I was sure about: I have to visit Black Oveja.

Si el mes pasado os hablaba en Craftourism de mi primera tienda de lanas en Amsterdam hoy me toca hablaros de mi primera tienda en Madrid. Hace apenas una semana que me he instalado, aún ando desubicada y a veces no se muy bien ni dónde estoy ni a dónde ir, pero una cosa si he tenido clara desde el principio: visitar Black Oveja.


I've known this little shop for years, but only through the internet, I didn't have the chance to visit it yet. But here I am, at last, and it's worth it. They have a nice variety of yarns but Black Oveja's strong point is the huge amount of fabrics they have. The prettiest patterns and best qualities. I have to admit that, although I haven't sewed for years, when I saw all these beautiful patterns I felt the urge to start again. 

Hace ya varios años que le sigo la pista por internet a esta tiendecita de Madrid, pero nunca había tenido la oportunidad de visitarla. Por fin llegó el momento y estoy más que satisfecha. A pesar de que encontraréis una buena variedad de lanas, el punto fuerte de Black Oveja son las telas. Una auténtica maravilla de telas, con estampados preciosos y buenas calidades. Os tengo que confesar que hace años que no coso nada, pero al ver esas telas me entraron ganas de empezar de nuevo, son irresistibles. 






On top of that, Alfonso told me that they're increasing the amount of organic cotton fabrics, as well as (and this is something very important...) the t-shirt fabrics! Yay! Finally nice t-shirt fabrics! I'm planning to make a t-shirt for next summer. Please tell me if you know any easy pattern! But if I don't find a pattern, I can always go to their workshops :)

Además Alfonso me comentó que últimamente están trayendo mucho algodón orgánico, y... algo que me encanta... mucho punto! Por fin es fácil encontrar punto con estampados bonitos! Yo ya estoy buscando patrones sencillitos para hacerme una camiseta para el verano. Pero si no encuentro patrones no hay problema, tengo un plan B: me apuntaré a alguna de sus clases! Como toda buena tienda taller tienen clases de costura, ganchillo, punto...


Some instagram moments in Black Oveja
Algunos momentos instagram en Black Oveja



If you go to Madrid don't forget to visit Merche, Alfonso and Esperanza at 7, Sagasta Street.

Cuando paséis por Madrid no olvidéis visitar a Merche, Alfonso y Esperanza en la C/ Sagasta nº7. Os recomiendo que vengáis con algún proyecto ya en mente para poder decidir más fácilmente, si no va a ser imposible! Lo querréis todo!

6 comments:

  1. Me muero de ganas de volver a Madrid solo por visitar esta tienda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermosa tienda!
    http://soldenochedecocrochet.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Madrid. I hope the weather isn't getting you down! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! The weather it's been awful, but I have to admit that since I'm coming from Amsterdam, it makes me feel a bit like home, hahahaa

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...